We currently have openings for Tool and Cutter Grinders.
This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Set up and operate any machine tool to perform any operation within its capacity
- Make machine adjustments for efficient grinding operations.
- Use precision measuring instruments, machines and gauges to check own work for conformance to specifications.
- As required pre-set and/or dress grinding wheels.
- Recognize improper machine functions and take corrective action and provide information to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain identification of machined parts as required.
- Replenish coolant, change accessible filters and lubricate own machine tool as required.
- Perform complete and independent setup of various machine tools and perform any operation within the machine's capacity, working from prints, sketches, oral and written instructions to determine the sequence of operations to be performed, dimensions and tolerances to be held, tools to use, method of locating, aligning, and holding work, and feeds and speeds.
- High school graduate plus 4 years experience is desirable; preferably in a credited Apprentice Program or CNC machine shop.
- The applicant must have the ability to work in a teaming environment with an emphasis on quality and safety.
- Be available for any shift
Sonic Tools, LP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vacation, Simple IRA, incentive bonus, and more.
This position may qualify for moving expenses reimbursement.
Sonic Tools, LP conducts drug screens and background checks. Sonic Tools, LP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please fax your resume and cover letter to 804-798-0539, Attn: HR-CNC Cutter Grinder.